We all know college is expensive, but what you may not know is that your Wildcat ID card can save you money on almost every type of purchase. We have put together a list of discounts students can receive on any shopping trip. Even if somewhere isn’t on the list, be sure to ask if there is a student discount when making an in-store purchase and to use your “.edu” email address for online purchases.
In college, software, laptops and computer accessories are used daily. Luckily, technology is greatly discounted for students. Even if you’re about to graduate, definitely make any relevant technology purchases beforehand. Clicking on the links below will take you to the company’s student deals webpage:
Everyone needs some time to relax and have fun with his or her friends! These businesses help students unwind.
Transportation and Insurance
Whether you need to get home, you’re planning a weekend trip with friends or you are studying abroad, these companies help students stay on budget when traveling.
- While traveling:
- ISIC – With an International Student Identity Card, ideal for studying abroad, you can take advantage of the entire world’s student discounts
- STA Travel- International and National flights, hotels and hostels, and tours for students!
- Student Universe- International flights and discounts for studying abroad
- Cars and car insurance
- Allstate- Save up to 20% with proof of full-time enrollment in school and a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Esurance- Save up to 10% with proof of full-time enrollment in school and a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- General Motors- Save thousands of dollars off a purchase of a new Chevrolet, Buick or GMC vehicle.
- Geico- Save up to 15% with proof of full-time enrollment in school and a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Jiffy Lube- $10 off or 10% off your purchase when showing your Student ID card.
- State Farm- Save up to 25% with proof of full-time enrollment in school and a 3.0 GPA or higher.
Cell Phone Service
If you are now responsible for your own phone plan, these service carriers give monthly discounts to their customers who are students.
These businesses discount their merchandise to meet students’ fashion and appearance needs. When shopping for clothes for your internship or scrubs for your observation requirements, be sure to show your student ID and ask for their student discount.
- Ann Taylor- 20% off your purchase
- Banana Republic-15% off your purchase
- Charlotte Russe: 10% off your purchase
- Club Monaco- 20% off your purchase
- Eddie Bauer- 10% off your in-store purchase
- J. Crew- 15% off your purchase
- Juicy Couture- 15% off your purchase
- The Limited- 15% off your purchase
- Madewell- 15% off your purchase
- Medelita- 15% off scrubs and lab coats
- Ralph Lauren Rugby- 15% off your purchase
- Sally Beauty Supply- sign up for their Student Discount Card for access to discounts
- Steve Madden- 10% off your purchase
- Topshop- 10% off your purchase
- Vineyard Vines- 15% off your purchase
When visiting these popular franchises, be sure to ask for their student discount and show them your student ID.
- Arby’s- 10% off your purchase
- Buffalo Wild Wings- 10% off your purchase
- Burger King- 10% off your purchase
- Chick-fil-A- Free drink with purchase
- Chipotle- Receive a free drink with purchase
- Dairy Queen- Varies by franchise, but most common discount is 10% off your purchase
- McDonald’s- 10% off your purchase
- Qdoba- Receive a free drink with purchase
- Sam’s Club
- Subway- 10% off your purchase
- Waffle House- 10% off your purchase
These companies help students get books, newspapers, and textbooks at a discounted rate.
These websites are great resources for students to check regularly for brand new discounts. By subscribing to these services, you will unlock extra student discounts and save even more money.
- Student Rate – For a yearly fee of $20, you will unlock more than 250 student deals on their website.
- Student Buying Guide – This blog is for students to keep up with the most recent student deals.
- Amazon Student – When they sign up for this student version of Amazon Prime, students get their first six-months of access for free. Benefits include free 2-day shipping on most purchases, deals and promotions exclusively for students, a $5 credit for each friend you refer, unlimited access to streaming over 40,000 TV episodes and movies and the ability to borrow Kindle books for free.
- College Budget – By enrolling with a “.edu” email, students can make purchases from second-party merchants on the College Budget website. They also offer textbook rentals and student loan comparisons.
Saving money is hard for many students, but you just have to know where to look. If you come across any student discounts we didn’t include, we would love to hear about them. Don’t forget to always ask about a student discount, whether it is on this list or not, and always keep your student ID on you to show every time!