AMSTEMM > Current Students > Advising
The UK AMSTEMM Coordinator/Advisor, Sue Scheff, serves as the academic advisor for the students in the Program. She meets with and advises each UK AMSTEMM student regularly in individual and group sessions to offer assistance with the transition to college and with taking advantage of the special UK AMSTEMM services and programs. If you would like to make an advising appointment with Ms. Scheff, AMSTEMM Advisor, send her an email.
Advising AMSTEMM students takes many forms:
- effectively communicating the curriculum of each STEM major, the requirements, and academic policies and procedures
- monitoring and accurately documenting each students' progress toward meeting his or her educational goals
- encouraging and guiding student to define and develop clear and realistic educational plans
- providing students with information on campus resources and services
- creating a safe, positive environment for each student so he or she can explore ideas and interests regarding personal, academic, and career goals
- assisting students in developing relationships with faculty and instructors
- helping students identify research opportunities on campus and providing information on AMSTEMM research fellowships.