How Do I Make the Correct College Choice?
- How strong is the school in your major?
- Become an expert in your major; know what a school should offer, and see if this one does.
- Undergraduate Majors.
- How much depth and diversity is there? (Remember, 2 of 3 students change their major, so choose a school with several good programs.)
Size and Type
- How large of a school do you want to attend?
- Do you want a public or private school, liberal arts, comprehensive, or technical?
- Do you want to go to school in a city or a small town, to a commuter school, or to one with a large on-campus population?
- How far away from home do you want to be?
- Do you think you will fit in comfortably at this school?
- What types of educational resources does the school have, and how available are they?
- How talented and accessible are the faculty members?
- What is there to do outside of class?
- On and off campus, where do students live and what do these places look like?
- Don't rule out a school because of finances but look for living accommodations within your family's budget.