Academic Quiz Bowl Team
Academic Quiz Bowl is a fast-paced, team competition in the same style as Jeopardy. Two teams compete on their knowledge of Ag Economics coursework. Categories include Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Agribusiness/Finance, Resource/Policy, Quantitative, Marketing, Management, and Potpourri. Twice per year, these multi-University competitions take place in conjunction with Agricultural Economics professional meetings - the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association (AAEA) and the Southern Agricultural Economics Association (SAEA). The competitions occur in different cities around the U.S. every February and late July.
Benefits for the Students
- Quiz Bowl helps them do better in their classes
- Professors know who they are on the first day of class
- Competitions help team members learn to think on their feet
- Team members often learn to take a leadership role at competitions
- Team members learn to work with other people to make quick decisions
- Competing at AAEA and SAEA gives team members a chance to network and socialize with peers and faculty from other universities
- Team members can win money!
- Team members travel for FREE!
- It's fun!
Quiz Bowl often leads to other exciting opportunities such as internships, research projects, scholarships and other travel opportunities. Students who participate in Quiz Bowl gain a competitive advantage on getting into and thriving in graduate school. Some of our team members have earned full assistantships to graduate programs around the US.
How Team Members are Selected
- Resumé - specifically economics and AEC coursework
- Recommendation by Agricultural Economics professors, instructors and other AEC Quiz Bowlers
If you are interested in becoming a Quiz Bowl team member, please contact one of our Quiz Bowl team coaches.