AEC Graduate Program Contacts (email)
Welcome! The Department of Agricultural Economics is glad you are visiting our site. Whether you are a prospective student, a new student, or a current student, we are here to answer questions and help you feel at home in our department.
Where Recent Graduates Are Working
To give a few examples--
- Aleta Botts (M.S.) is is Executive Director of the Kentucky Center for Agriculture and Rural Development (KCARD).
- Raman Vishwanathan (Ph.D.) is now Director, Risk Oversight for the City of Seattle.
- Mary (McCain) (B.S.) and Shane Courtney (B.S.) started their own farm business in Shelby County, KY and were honored as the Kentucky Farm Bureau's 2013 Outstanding Young Farm Family
- Ryan Quarles (M.S.) is now a Commissioner of Agriculture for the Commonwealth of Kentucky, teaches at Georgetown College and helps on the family farm.
- Benjamin Collier (Ph.D) is now a Post-doc research fellow in the Risk Management and Decision Processes Center at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Kara Keeton (M.S.) is now owner of her own business, Keeton Communications. She previously worked in the Governor's Office of Agricultural Policy.
- Barry Barnett (Ph.D) is Full Professor Department of Agricultural Economics at Mississippi State University.
- Kolter Kalberg (MS) is now an economist at Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center, NOAA, Hawaii
- Grant Cavanaugh (Ph.D) is Economist at Praedicat, Inc. in Los Angelos, CA.
- Rachael Brown (M.S) is now Agricultural Economist at the USDA in Washington, D.C.
- Adam Hancock (B.S.) is now working on his Masters at Kansas State University with a FULL assistantship.
- Kar Ho Lim (Ph.D) is Assistant Professor at Tennessee State University.
- Fabien Tondel (Ph.D.) is now Policy Officer at the European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM) in Maastricht, Netherlands.
- Katharine Auchter (M.S.) is now an Economist at HUD in Denver, Colorado.
- Zheng Liu (Ph.D) is Associate Professor at Yunnan University of Finance and Economics, China.
- Nate Trull (B.S.) is now working on his M.S. at Purdue University with a FULL assistantship.
- Guzhen Zhou (Ph.D) is Assistant Professor at Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics, China.
- Troy Hillerich (B.S) started his own business as a local farmer near Louisville, KY
- Michael Vassalos (Ph.D) is Assistant Professor of Farm and Agribusiness Management and Production Economics at Clemson University.
- Sarah Wixon (M.S.) is a Population Health Consultant for Humana in Louisville, KY
- Robert 'Wes' Harrison (Ph.D) is Professor of Agribusiness Marketing at Louisiana State University.
- Ben Gramig (Ph.D) is Associate Professor of Natural Resource and Environmental Economics at Purdue University.
- Sierra Enlow (M.S.) is Director of Operations at Conway Overly for Kentucky in Louisville, KY.
- Devie Poerwanto (M.S.) is now Market Research Analyst and Marketing Budgets & Metrics Coordinator for Alltech in Nicholasville, KY.
- John Conley (Ph.D.) is now Assistant Vice President/Economist at M&T Bank in Buffalo, New York.
- Evan Conrad (B.S.) is now Seed and Precision Ag. Administrator at Agri-Chem, LLC in Hopkinsville, KY.
Needless to say, we are proud of all of our students and alumni!