Exhibiting your Collection
Exibiting Your Collection
- All exhibits are to be standard size--18" x 24"--
and not more than 3 1/2 " thick with plexiglass cover
and cellotex-type false pinning bottoms. Entomology
boxes ordered through the State 4-H office as
indicated in "Storing and Displaying Your Collection" will also be acceptable.
- Specimens are to be arranged so the box can be
- Identification labels available from your county
Extension office must be used. Follow instructions
for pinning and labeling included in this Unit.
- Use insect pins for pinning insects.
- Use the 4-H Entomology identification labels.
- The first-year project consists of one box with a
minimum of 25 insects from at least four orders.
Identification beyond the order is not necessary. All
specimens must have the date-locality label.