How to Make a Storage Box
- Cigar box, 2 x 6 x 8 inches or any other similar size sturdy box
- Piece of soft fiberboard or StyrofoamTM
- White paper
- Moth crystals (to keep pests out of collections)
- Pill box or safety match box (to hold moth crystals)
- Insect pins--No. 2 or No. 3 size
- Insect labels
- Cut the fiberboard to fit the bottom of the box.
- Cover the bottom of the box with glue, insert the
cardboard, and press firmly until it adheres. Wipe
off any excess glue.
- Line the box with white paper.
- Fill the match box or small pill box with moth crystals.
- If the pill box is air tight, punch some holes in the lid.
- Pin the box in a corner of the cigar box.