According to the terms and conditions outlined in the legal agreement with the Governor's Office of Ag Policy, the directors of the Kentucky Agricultural Leadership Program will utilize a state-wide advisory board to assist in the selection process of future classes, outline curriculum goals, help determine seminar locations/programs/speakers/evaluation, and provide financial oversight. The advisory board will insure that a dedicated effort is made to recruit a class that is diversified in terms of race, gender, farm size, commodities represented, and geographic region. The legal agreement states that the advisory board shall consist of the following members (with the current designated advisory board member in parenthesis):
- Executive Director of the Governor's Office of Agricultural Policy (Warren Beeler) or his designee,
- A representative from the Kentucky Agricultural Development Board (Pat Henderson),
- Five representatives from five different regional universities with agricultural programs (Dr. Tony Brannon, Murray State University,Vacant, Kentucky State University, Dr. Bruce Pratt, Eastern Kentucky University, Joe Fraley, Morehead State University, Dr. Todd Willian, Western Kentucky University).
- Three alumni from our Ag Leadership Program as selected by the membership at the annual alumni meeting (Rod Kuegel, Class I; Laura Knoth, Class V; Brian Lacefield, Class IX).
- A representative from the Kentucky Farm Bureau Federation (Susie Tanner).
- Two Kentucky Agricultural Leadership Program Directors; Dr. Steve Isaacs, and Dr. Will Snell