Delegating work works, provided the one delegating works, too. --
"A person's worth in this world is estimated according to the value they put on themselves." --
Jean De La Bruyere, French Writer
- To prepare participants to accept leadership responsibility in agriculture, agribusiness and rural communities.
- To enhance participants ability to represent agriculture as effective communicators.
- To broaden understanding of major policy issues, especially issues facing agriculture and rural communities.
- To gain an understanding of the effects of internationalization (globalization) on agriculture and rural communities.
- Develop participant "self awareness" and confidence for being an effective leader.
- To facilitate participant collaboration with others, including establishing mentoring relationships with professionals serving agriculture and rural communities.
- To foster an "entrepreneurial spirit" leading to an entrepreneurial culture in Kentucky's rural communities which will help leaders and agricultural organizations adjust to changing markets and changing policies at the local, state, national and international levels.
- To encourage "lifelong" learning and development as a leader and to share those leadership skills with others.