VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT THE ARBORETUM
Join our dynamic team of Arboretum Volunteers! Every year, hundreds of volunteers
contribute thousands of hours to help keep the Arboretum growing. These
indispensable people form a close and friendly team, while providing a vital service for
- Promote membership.
- Guide school children on ecological explorations in the garden, natural
areas and Arboretum.
- Plan, welcome and assist the public at special events
- Participate in Adopt-A-Plot (suggested for clubs).
- Photograph plants, people, programs at the Arboretum.
- Write grants.
- Help publicize the Arboretum.
- Write articles for the Friends' newsletter.
- Author printed educational materials related to Kentucky ecology.
- Help remove invasive exotics from Bluegrass Woods: primarily Euonymus
fortunei and Lonicera maackii.
- Pot plants for exchange and sale.
- Serve as a Tour docent.
- Help out with the children's gardening program.
Adopt-A-Plot at the UK-LFUCG Arboretum
This program is designed to give individuals, families, and groups an opportunity to join our family by assisting in the maintenance and development of the Arboretum. The garden area has been divided into many plots of varying size and complexity, which are available for adoption. Adoptive parents agree to weed and provide general cleanup for their plot. The time commitment would be about one to two hours every week or two from spring through fall. Participants are recognized by a sign identifying their plot.
Contact Marcia Farris the Arboretum Office for more information!
What would you like to do?
Contact the Arboretum Office today!