The Center for the Enhancement of Learning and Teaching offers a multimedia production studio for use by all UK instructors. Instructors can record lectures, interviews with experts or colleagues, record training modules, and much more. With blended and active learning strategies (such as the flipped classroom) gaining momentum at the University of Kentucky we encourage you to bring your imagination and make use of our facilities.
CELT team members are available for consultation to help you determine how to best integrate multimedia into your courses and will be on hand to assist with troubleshooting during your recording.
Procedures for Scheduling the Studio:
- The studio can be reserved in 2-hour increments
- Instructors can bring their own recording equipment or check out a Kodak Zi8 camera and audio recorder from us.
- The studio is only available during business hours.
- You are welcome to edit your recordings on our workstation with Camtasia or take your files with you and edit on your personal computer
Equipment and Software (available for use within the studio):
- 1 Windows Computer Workstation
- Green Screen
- 40" LCD 1080p Smart display (with laptop plugin capabilities)
- 4-point Interview Light Kit
- 2 Kodak Zi8 Video Cameras
- 1 Shotgun Mic
- 2 Lavaliere Microphones
- 1 Tripod
- Virtual Sets
- Camtasia (editing, screen capture, audio/voiceover recordings)
The Multimedia Production Studio is located on the 5th floor of the King Library (Science Library) in room 518G. To reserve studio time, please contact Cara Worick.