text goes here
text goes here
text goes here
Anuj is a fourth year Ph.D. student from the city of Indore in the state of Madhya Pradash in India. He considers his parents his greatest inspiration. He has one older sister who is 29 years old and lives as a kindergarten teacher back in India.
Anuj states that,
"In biomedical engineering, the function and dysfunction of the heart and brain interest me the most. They are the most important parts in the human machinery and it would be nice if we can diagnose problems well in advance and come up with preventative measures instead of improving cures."
- If you were not here, where would you be and what would you be doing: I would have been a civil engineer in California.
- Which do you prefer, beach or lake: Neither, I am hydrophobic
- Adjective that best describes you: Helping
- Pick a number between 1 & 100: 7
- Favorite color: I like brown and blue and I do not know why.
Experience comes from Bad judgement"
Linyuan is a second year Ph.D. student from Qingdao, Shandong, China. Her interests in biomedical engineering include image and signal processing. Her desire to study biomedical engineering stems from her love of mathematicals and desire to solve problems using mathematical tools.
Linyuan enjoys dancing, reading, and shopping. She says that if she could be anywhere in the world, she would like to be home with her family. Linyuan believes that,
"Being together with family is the most important thing to me. Where there is family, there is home."
- If you were not here, where would you be and what would you be doing: Maybe in France, learning fashion design.
- Which do you prefer, beach or lake: The beach. That's where I grew up.
- Adjective that best describes you: "boring".
- Pick a number between 1 & 100: 14
- Favorite color: White, because it contains all the other colors and I want life to be colorful.
Sonam is a second year Masters student from Indore, India. She has a brother that is three years younger than her. Sonam enjoys dancing, table tennis, and badminton.
- If you were not here, where would you be and what would you be doing: I would be in a dance school in India.
- Which do you prefer, beach or lake: beach (any time)
- Adjective that best describes you: vivacious
- Pick a number between 1 & 100: 1
- Favorite color: White
Siqi is a second year Ph.D. student from Foshan City, Guangdong Province, China. She likes CSI-NY and pop/punk music.
Signal processing is her primary interest in biomedical engineering because,
"My father is a radiologist. I saw the images that he used to diagnose patients and those medical equipments and signals raised my interests to study Biomedical Engineering."
- If you were not here, where would you be and what would you be doing: Either looking for a job at a biomedical equipment company or home because I haven't been home for about 2 years. I miss the activities that my family would usually do together, like climbing hills...
- Which do you prefer, beach or lake: Beach. You can play volleyball or do some other fun things, and enjoy the broad view of the sea.
- Adjective that best describes you: Predictable maybe. I always follow some predetermined ways...
- Pick a number between 1 & 100: 6
- Favorite color: Blue because it looks peaceful.
"Never give in."
Hunter is a first year Ph.D. student from Louisville, KY. He is a former collegiate tennis player for Murray State University. He has three siblings; two brothers and one sister, all younger. Hunter is currently engaged to be married in October.
Hunter's interests in biomedical engineering are in signal processing and biomedical instrumentation design. He said about the field,
"I like being on the cutting edge of research and watching the things that I create have an impact on people's lives."
- If you were not here, where would you be and what would you be doing: I would probably be playing tennis in Tampa, FL with my finacée.
- Which do you prefer, beach or lake: Lake, because I love skiing and it's more fun at the lake. At the beach the water is usually too rough to enjoy.
- Adjective that best describes you: Unpredictable.
- Pick a number between 1 & 100: 99
- Favorite color: Red because it is a color of strength and boldness. It has also been my favorite color since childhood.
"Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
The Cardiac Rhythm Laboratory also participates in a program with local high schools in which students are exposed to research in hopes of retaining students' long-term interest in the sciences. This program requires a minimum of 360 hours of research to be performed by the student and can be achieved in any capacity in the lab. Visiting students to the Cardiac Rhythm Lab participate in all of the ongoing projects with supervision by resident CRL members. The research that is conducted by these students allows them to experience the scientific process in action and how rewarding it ultimately is.
Present visiting students are:
- Dillon Hickman