Responsive Workplaces for Older Workers: Job Quality, Flexibility and Employee Engagement
In this issue brief, we examine the specific components of job quality for older workers (both hourly and professional) in a large U.S. - based retail chain store, CitiSales (a pseudonym), to assess their impact on employee engagement. Specifically, we ask:
- How engaged are older workers?
- Are there age differences in employee engagement?
- What are the elements of job quality for older workers?
- Do these differ for professional workers compared to those who are paid hourly?
- What are the drivers of employee engagement among older workers, both those in professional positions and those who are paid by the hour?