1. A peripheral IV line would be located in the :
A. Subclavian vein
B. Cephalic vein
C. Radial artery
D. Superior vena cava
2. You are in the process of bathing and assessing your client when you note the IV
fluid bag is empty. The appropriate interventions would be:
A. Put the IV pump on hold, finish the
assessment, obtain and hang another bag of IV fluid, finish the bath
B. Put the IV pump on hold, obtain and hold
another IV bag of fluid, finish the assessment and bath.
C. Put the IV pump on hold, finish the
assessment and bath, obtain another bag of IV fluid.
D. Finish the assessment, put the IV pump on
hold, obtain and hang another bag of IV fluid, finish the bath.
3. Warning signs for colon cancer include:
A. high fat diet
B. rectal bleeding
C. family history
D. high fiber diet
4. The client has been noted to have periods of incontinence with coughing or
sneezing. The nurse correctly identifies this as _______________ incontinence:
5. The client is in severe renal failure. he is most liable to develop which of the
following acid-base disturbances?
A. Respiratory acidosis
B. Respiratory alkalosis
C. Metabolic acidosis
D. Metabolic alkalosis
6. Which of the following clients is at risk for developing respiratory
acidosis ? One who:
A. has a history of diabetes mellitus.
B. has had diarrhea for five days.
C. c/o of nausea and vomiting for five days.
D. c/o of severe chest soreness after open
7. Hospice care lies in which category of health care delivery?
A. Primary health care
B. Tertiary health care
C. Secondary health care
D. Affordable health care
8. When assessing a patient which symptoms would support the nursing
diagnosis of fluid volume deficit?
A. thready radial pulse and straw colored
B. straw colored urine and decreased skin
C. urine specific gravity of 1.015 and thready
D. decreased skin turgor and a urine specific
gravity of 1.035.
9. The client is experiencing diarrhea and needs to replace potassium.
The nurse recognizes that additional teaching is necessary when the client
says that he should increase his intake of:
A. orange juice
B. warm tea
10. When performing an abdominal dressing change on
a client you observe a small amount thick, yellow drainage coming from the
incision. You would document this drainage as:
Back to Exam Review Page