Research · Facilities · Resources/Links
Graduate Student Center
Graduate students have a place to call a home away from home -- the "Grad Center" (Room 224 Grehan Building) -- The Graduate Center is designed to be a place where any CJT graduate student can come to do academic work and research, to grade or plan for classes, to socialize and interact with other graduate students, to eat, or simply to relax or catch a nap.
- Four networked computers (PCs)
- Networked laser and color printers
- Donated Communication textbooks and journals
- Graduate Student Mailboxes
- Television / VCR
- Meeting space with large table and chairs
- A lounge area with couch and coffee table
- Kitchen area with refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker
- Telephone (257-4710)
Though the graduate center is often used for meetings, conferences, etc., the room is considered an open facility. Any graduate student (or faculty and staff members) at any time may access the graduate center and the equipment there (see the "Graduate Student Center Policy" below).
If you would like to schedule the Graduate Center for a meeting or event, please check with one of the GSA co-chairs for availability. The Grad Center can also be scheduled by graduate students for meetings with their committees, but since the room is an open facility it is preferred that students use the Maggie room or other meeting rooms for those events.
- International Communication Association
- American Communication Association
- Canadian Communication Association
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology
- American Society for Information Science and Technology Home Page
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Central States Communication Association
- Eastern Communication Association
- Southern States Communication Association
- Western States Communication Association