Undergraduate Student Speaker
Continuing with University tradition, the Undergraduate May Commencement Ceremonies will feature a student speaker. At each Undergraduate ceremony, the selected speaker will deliver a 3-5 minute address to the Class of 2017.
1. The applicant must be receiving an undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky at the May Commencement ceremony. December 2016 and August 2017 graduates are eligible.
2. The applicant must have contributed to the University through campus and/or community activities and/or through their chosen field of study.
3. The applicant must show evidence of demonstrated public speaking ability and be willing to present their address to the Commencement Speaker Selection Committee.
Applications Must Include the Following
1. A resume or other typed list of activities, work experience, and accomplishments achieved during your study at the University of Kentucky that illustrate your contributions to the University. A summary of speaking ability and/or experience may also be included.
2. A summary of no more than three (3) typed, double-spaced pages of your proposed speech.
3. Completed online applications. Apply here! (Application will close 4/10/17).
4. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection committee.
When submitting documents, please be sure to include your full name in the file name when you upload your documents. Should you have any questions about the process for applying to be the Commencement Speaker, please contact Drew Crawford and she will be happy to assist you.