Distance Learning Readiness
Distance programs and courses offer many options to students providing the ability to work on courses from anywhere. Distance learning courses are taught at the same academic level as on-campus courses. The University of Kentucky ensures that students taking distance learning courses receive the same quality education they would receive in a face-to-face classroom.
To be successful in a distance learning environment, many different characteristics are important. These characteristics include:
- Self-motivated and independent learner
- Good time management skills
- High comfort level with technology
- Ability to work without distraction for an extended period of time
- Comfortable communicating in a virtual environment
In addition to these characteristics, you also need to make sure that you meet the technical requirements found here. Please contact us if you have any questions about being a distance learning student or meeting the technical requirements.