Distance Learning Library Services (DLLS)
The Distance Learning (DL) Library Service, via the DL Librarian, assists students and faculty in determining the most effective ways to use academic library research materials via e-mail, chat, phone, Adobe Connect, or in person. The policy of the DLLS is to provide access to library materials and information resources for students who take classes through DLP, as well as for the faculty who teach those classes. DL students are to receive the same caliber of library services and have access to the same information sources as on-campus students, including: access to both print and electronic materials, research databases, Interlibrary Loan, LibAnswers (a database of frequently asked questions and answers), LibGuides, (research guides on topics in a variety of disciplines), as well as course-specific guides. The Distance Learning Library Service includes the following:
- Providing access to information resources and materials from the UK Libraries collection, or Interlibrary Loan, and delivered electronically or in paper via U.S. Mail.
- Offering research consultations and information literacy instruction sessions
- Providing reference services through e-mail, chat, phone, Adobe Connect, or in person
- Offering copyright assistance and assisting with links to library resources
- Serving as an embedded librarian in courses using Blackboard
- Assisting with EndNote
- Creating course-specific library guides and connecting students to other relevant library guides
Distance Learning Library Card
All DL students receive Link Blue accounts and library card accounts the same as on campus students. The Link Blue user ID and password allows students remote access via proxy server to electronic library resources (databases, e-journals and eBooks). The library card account identifies DL students in the UK Library circulation system, for the purposes of borrowing UK Library materials and creating an Interlibrary Loan account (Illiad), for requesting items not held by the UK Library system. A DL student must first request a library card before creating their Illiad account:
Library Card Request Form: http://libraries.uky.edu/page.php?lweb_id=170
Illiad account creation and instructions: http://libraries.uky.edu/page.php?lweb_id=253
Distance Learning Librarian
If you have any questions or need assistance with DL Library Services, please contact the Distance Learning Librarian.
2-2, North Wing, 2nd floor, Young Library 40506-0456