UK CARES Connect
UK CARES Connect is designed to increase the persistence of students who are seeking additional academic support and enrichment opportunities. Students targeted for this program are underrepresented first year and transfer students who are not participating in any University of Kentucky scholarship program.
The mission is to assist students in getting connected early and to guide their transition to college thru utilization of CARES services and other University resources.
The goal is for Connect students to become better prepared to navigate their new environment and gain the necessary strategies to be successful college students.
- Academic planning
- Navigating Campus Resources
- Connecting to Faculty
- Financial Literacy
- Study Skills
- College Life Choices
What To Expect:
- Move-in early to residence halls
- Connect with upper class students
- Year long academic support and enrichment opportunities
- Participate in small group discussions and fun activities
- A chance to win a free iPad
- Become eligible for a chance to win an end of semester book award
Orientation dates are August 20th and 21st, 2014.