CATalyst meets on Wednesday nights at 6:15pm in room 203 of the Bookstore Building.
Follow @UKCatalyst on Twitter for updates.
CATalyst Executive Board Elections are held every November for the following school-year. Find the Executive Board application here.
Who are we?
The CATalyst Coalition has been cultivated to assist in the process of moving our campus forward on diversity initiatives and creating a student leadership community.
Educate, Facilitate, Innovate, Collaborate, & Progress
Services we can provide
- Training for campus leaders
- Creating a forum for collaborative efforts
- Building a connection between organizations and potential members
- Promoting awareness of existing resources for student organizations
- Advocating for student needs, resources, and access
Diversity Education Component
We provide inclusive diversity education through academic and co-curricular environments seeking to impact all students. CATalyst works to maximize existing opportunities and create innovative ways for students to enhance their holistic college experience.
- Diversity education provides workshops and trainings, including (but not limited to): race, gender, class, sexual orientation, intersections of identity, ability, religion and nationality
- Coordinates diversity education training
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with faculty and academic departments
- Participate in program-training design that seeks to enhance diversity education (e.g. Boxes & Walls)
- Collaborate with other cultural organizations on diversity education initiatives
Assist student organizations that promote diversity and multiculturalism by navigating in the process of connecting them to campus resources and organizations with similar interests.
- Building relationships with student organizations and passionate students interested in creating change on our campus.
- Promoting the "Call to Action" of the CATalyst to other student organizations and University constituents.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with student organizations to promote open dialogue about social justice and to stimulate collaborative efforts.
- Bringing student issues to the Administration
Apply for funding for student-led initiatives and programming.
This initiative has been created to assist in building relationships among student community and enhancing cultural programming opportunities. Please note that requests that reflect a collaboration or partnership between two or more organizations will be given priority access to funding.
CATalyst's mission is: The CATalyst Coalition has been cultivated to assist in the process of moving our campus forward on diversity initiatives and creating a student leadership community around social justice.
Their Core Values: Educate, Facilitate, Innovate, Collaborate, & Progress
Fall '12 is shaping up to be a great semester for Diversity Education and CATalyst. Visit our Fall 2012 Events page, or learn more about one of the following events: