Dr. Judy "JJ" Jackson
Vice President for Institutional Diversity
The CATalyst Coalition has been cultivated to assist in the process of moving our campus forward on diversity initiatives and creating a student leadership community. CATalyst's core values are to Educate, Facilitate, Innovate, Collaborate, & Progress
OutSource provides an affirming, safe, and confidential space for GLBTQQA students to learn more about gender identity, human sexuality, and related issues by providing access to academic, cultural, and interpersonal resources; and aims to change the campus climate and culture to become more inclusive of GLBTQQA students by embracing diversity.
Aims and Purposes:
1. Endeavor to make Islamic teachings known to interested non-Muslims;
2. Promote friendly relations between Muslims and non-Muslims;
3. Promote unity and joint action among the Muslims;
4. Educate, mobilize, and coordinate students to struggle against injustice and oppression;
5. Conduct social, cultural, religious and other activities in the best traditions of Islam.
From the IDO Website:
"Interfaith Dialogue Organization is a registered student organization at the University of Kentucky founded by graduate students from various departments. IDO was born in September 2006.
The members of the Interfaith Dialogue Organization (IDO) are concerned by the polarization of religious groups in a world which is increasingly religiously diverse. Why should we be afraid and suspicious of one another while we share many common values and all hope for a better world? Therefore we believe in the necessity of interfaith dialogue among all the religions as an instrument of a sustainable society."