If you hear GUNFIRE or someone has a gun and is intent on doing harm:
- If near an exterior exit, try to leave the building.
- If in an open area, seek refuge immediately.
- Choose an area that can be locked or secured from the inside if possible.
- Select a room without windows.
- Hide behind a desk, under a table, in a closet or bathroom.
- Turn off office lights. Get behind heavy furniture. Remain still and quiet until you have been advised by emergency personnel that the situation is under control.
- Call 911 and report your location and the situation.
Active Shooter Training Videos
UK Students - please click here
UK Faculty & Staff - please click here to visit the myUK portal.
Please visit the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Active Shooter Preparedness at www.dhs.gov/activeshooter for further information and links to other resources.