After the Emergency
Regardless of the source or type of emergency, careful attention to administrative procedures must be paid to ensure protection of the facility and those within.
After a Workplace Injury or Illness
If an individual is injured or becomes ill as a result of his/her workplace environment, follow these procedures:
- Ensure that the individual has receive the appropriate medical care
- Notify the individual's immediate supervisor of the injury and of surrounding events.
- Consult the Occupational Health and Safety page for appropriate forms and phone numbers used in documenting the incident.
- If further assistance is needed, contact:
Division of Crisis Management & Preparedness—257-3815
Damage to Buildings
In those cases in which a building was damaged during an emergency, take the following actions:
- Notify the appropriate Physical Plant of the damage:
- Main Campus—257-3844
- Medical Center—323-6281
- Notify Risk Management (257-3708) of the damage and provide them with necessary information.