From campus phone: 911
From cell phone*: 911 or #UKPD (#8753)
*If you dial 911 from a cell phone to report something on campus immediately tell the dispatcher that you are calling from UK Campus and provide them with the street address or exact location from which you are calling.
If you suspect a head or spinal injury, DO NOT MOVE the victim unless there is an immediate life-threatening emergency.
- Provide the 911 Dispatcher with the following information:
- Type of emergency
- Location of the victim
- Condition of the victim
- Any dangerous conditions
- Render first-aid or CPR only if you are trained to do so.
- Do not leave the injured person except to summon help.
- Comfort the victim until emergency medical services arrive.
- Have someone stand outside the building to flag down the ambulance when it reaches the vicinity.
- If you are exposed to another person's body fluids, wash the exposed area and contact your supervisor or the Department of Environmental Health and Safety at 257-3827.