Institutional Finances and Resource Allocation
(A joint committee of the University Senate and Staff Senate.)
- Faculty Co-Chair: Connie Wood, 5/2014 (University Senate member)
- Staff Co-Chair: Ann Livingstone (Staff Senate member)
- Kristy Deep, '14 (University Senate member)
- J. S. Butler, '14 (University Senate member)
- Jeremy Cramptom, '15 (University Senate member)
- Henry Vasconez, '16 (University Senate member)
- Jerry Hart (Staff Senate member)
- Ronald Bowman (Staff Senate member)
Charter: Senate Rules 184.108.40.206
The SIFRAC is charged to inform the Senate Council and the Senate on the present status of the prospective changes in the finances and other resources available to the University. The SIFRAC shall analyze public budget documents, published reports about financial and other trends and shall consult appropriate officials in fulfilling this function. It shall also examine budgetary data concerning the allocation of available financial resources resulting from budget reductions. However, the SIFRAC's concerns here shall not be focused on departmental, college or other particular interests, but on general concerns and procedures taken from the perspective of the entire University. The SIFRAC shall issue a report annually, and shall make specific reports to the Senate Council at the latter's request.
Membership on the SIFRAC shall include senior faculty with financial and budgetary expertise relevant to university finances. Neither the chair nor a majority of the SIFRAC members have to be elected members of the Senate.