Spring 2013 Lunch & Lean Presentation Videos
NEW! "De-Mystifying Medicaid" presented by Lexington Attorney Karen Perch - View video.
"Prescription Drug Abuse Awareness in All Stages of Life," presented by Dr. Ryan Stanton, Director of Emergency Medicine, UK HealthCare Good Samaritan Hospital. View the PowerPoint Presentation (PDF). View the video.N
Caregivers Support Group
This is a support group for UK employees who are taking care of parents, in-laws, and other older adults in their family. We meet in the Keeneland Room of W.T. Young Library the 3rd Wednesday of most months between 12:10 and 12:50. You are welcome to bring your lunch. For more information, contact Terri Weber, Elder Care Specialist, at (859) 323-4600 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming 2013 Dates
May 15th - Marie Smart – Family Care Specialist with Sanders Brown Center on Aging – will discuss the “Role of the Caregiver”. May is Older Americans Month and in honor we will celebrate with dessert!
June 19th – Care Group will NOT meet
September 18th - April Stauffer – Community Educator from the Alzheimer’s Association - will join us to discuss care giving issues as it relates to care giving for someone with dementia
Our Elder Care Office is here to support you and help save you time!
Referrals: When caregiving services, equipment or special-care facilities are needed, referrals are individually researched, regardless of where the relative lives. Referrals are usually mailed to the employee within three working days. Although our office cannot endorse specific services, we can help with the selection process by answering questions and finding additional information. Contact an Elder Care Specialist today at (859) 323-4600 or e-mail the office.
Resource Guides: Our office provides the following guides for FREE! Click HERE to request one or more of these guides.
- Caregiver's Care Kit: The kit includes a free publication "Resources on Caring for your Aging Relative or Friend," which is produced by AARP Kentucky and UK Elder Care. Topics include physical concerns, care options, legal and financial issues, and emotional and spiritual support, plus resources for long-distance care giving.
- Alzheimer's Caregiver Kit
- Prepare to Care Kit: This kit includes the AARP Prepare to Care booklet, a personal medication records, pedometer, and listing of state and national caregiving resources.
- Senior Housing Directory: Valuable information about housing options for seniors in Lexington and the surrounding locations within the Bluegrass Area Development District.
- Pathways Guide for Older Adults in the Bluegrass Area: Created by the Bluegrass Area Agency on Aging & Independent Living (BGAAA&IL), this comprehensive resource containing reliable information on the wealth of services and resources available to assist older adults, adults with disabilities, their families and caregivers.
AARP Kentucky and the University of Kentucky's Elder Care program have compiled a guide in an effort to help you in your search for assistance. Click here to see the full guide or click here for a printable PDF version.
To recognize UK employee caregivers, Elder Care is offering a free Caregiver's Kit. The kit includes a free publication "Resources on Caring for your Aging Relative or Friend," which is produced by AARP Kentucky and UK Elder Care. Topics include physical concerns, care options, legal and financial issues, and emotional and spiritual support, plus resources for long-distance care giving. To request your copy, fill out this easy form
Ask Elder Care a Question
Contact Terri Weber, Elder Care Specialist: