Message from the WLC Coordinator
Winter is a time of holidays, multiple family gatherings, parties and extra expenses. Is it any wonder that stress levels for many individuals greatly increase during the winter months? Here are some suggestions for managing winter stress and finding some joy in the holiday season.
- Set priorities for yourself and for your family.
- Make a budget and stick with it if buying or making presents for people.
- When the weather makes travel difficult, allow extra time to get places.
- Know when you have reached your limit of time spent with family and spend some time reading, watching movies or some other individual activity to refresh yourself.
- Know when you need more family time and invite others to join you for activities.
- Exercise, moving your body increases your circulation and improves your mood.
- Practice deep breathing and focus on positive or less stressful events in your life.
- Do something for yourself to help you relax.
- When you can, bask in some natural sunlight to improve your mood.
- Remember not to overeat or drink too much alcohol. Drink plenty of water.
If you currently feel the effects of stress please reach out for assistance. The Work+Life Connections program is here to provide support, guidance, education and/or to listen to your concerns.
Ann Bassoni, WLC Coordinator
Contact Ann Bassoni:
- Phone: (859) 257-9433
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(updated 12/17/09, Julie Geraci, email@example.com)
Request a free consultation
Contact Work+Life Connections today:
- (859) 218-0461