Parenting and Child Care
At the UK College of Dentistry's Twilight Dental Clinic for Kids, Central Kentucky parents can get high-quality basic dental care for their children at an affordable price. The clinic, located on the third floor of the College of Dentistry, offers convenient after-school appointments for children ages 4 - 10. Patients are seen by appointment only. Call (859) 323-6525 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
On-site Child Care Centers at UK
- Woodland Early Learning Center at UK
- The UK Early Childhood Laboratory (ECL)
- Child Development Center of the Bluegrass
- Five Steps to Choosing Quality Child Care
Any employee who has been a University employee (regular, temporary, faculty or student) for 12 months (not necessarily consecutive months, but within the last 7 years) and has worked at least 1,250 hours during the previous 12 month period may take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave. This policy is administered by the Employee Relations.
Employee Benefits for Parents
- Learn more about FMLA (Maternity Leave), TDL, and voluntary benefits.
- UK Employee Discount Information for Child Care Centers
Resources for Parents
- Learn more about parking, UK Healthcare offerings, support groups, and additional resources.
- Lactation in the Workplace Resources
- Autism Society of the Bluegrass
- Child Care Provider Search from the Cabinet for Health & Family Services
UK does not endorse any of the child care providers on this site. We provide the link as a tool as you make your selection.
Have you experienced the roller coaster of emotions living with a teen or tween? Attend this support group designed for parents of tweens and teens. This group meets the second Wednesday of each month. For more information, contact Ann Bassoni at 257-9433 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Help: A Handbook for Kentucky Grandparents and other Relative Caregivers (pdf) gives answers to legal issues, benefits, health care, and more.
- Area Agency on Aging: Kentucky Family Caregiver Program provides supportive services to grandparents who are the primary custodial parent to a grandchild no more than 18 years of age.
- Grandparents Guide to Kentucky Programs and Services for Raising Grandchildren with Disabilities of Who are at Risk of Developing Disabilities (pdf)
- Is your child's homework taking over your life? The Work-Life Homework Help Toolkit may be able to help.