Financial Support Resources at UK
Providing financially for oneself and loved ones from now through retirement is basic to work-life effectiveness. UK Work-Life has assembled a variety of financial resources for staff and faculty.
Free Tax Preparation
United Way Tax Preparation Service
United Way of the Bluegrass, Community Action Council, and CKEEP have partnered to offer free tax preparation services to those earning less than $49,000 per year. Learn more about this free service.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
UK College of Law student volunteers will be offering free tax preparation (by appointment) from Feb. 1 through April 15. All student volunteers are IRS Certified VITA/TCE Volunteer Preparers. The service is available to all members of the public, the University and Lexington communities. Learn more about how to schedule an appointment.
Financial Counseling Services
Individualized counseling sessions are available for a limited amount of time to help you learn to balance income and expenses.
- Contact: Sue Tucker, Ph.D., (859) 509-5831
Emergency Financial Resources
Community resource referrals are available to assist with catastrophic events.
- CRISIS Program: emergency fund for staff
- Contact: Ann Bassoni, LCSW, Work+Life Connections, 257-9433
Financial Fitness Series
Financial Fitness sessions are available at your work site. Topics include:
- Goal Setting & Savings Options
- Investing & Retirement planning.
A minimum participation of 10 employees per session is required.
- Contact: Gail Carbol, Manager, Employee Benefits, (859) 257-8880 or
- Joey Payne, Director, Employee Benefits, (859) 257-9185
UK Financial Support Resources:
Benefits and compensation professionals provide critical strategies and programs to ensure work-life effectiveness.
- One-on-One Retirement Counseling
- Fidelity Investments Appointments 1-800-642-7131
- TIAA-CREF Appointments 1-800-343-0860
- 2012-2013 UK Employee Benefits: Current Benefits Book
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Retirement plans
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Voluntary benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount Program
- Employer Assisted Housing Program
- Employee Education Program (Tuition Reimbursement 18 hours/year)
- Discounted parking fee for carpooling
- Pre-tax parking fee
- UK Federal Credit Union
- Financial investment and retirement planning seminars (contact the Director of Work-Life to learn more about these seminars and consultations, at 257-1003).