UK@Work Survey Results: Quality of Life (Staff and Faculty)
Quality of Life and Work-Life Effectiveness
Two-thirds of staff (65 percent) and three out of five faculty (59 percent) are satisfied or very satisfied with their quality of life.
The following chart illustrates how staff and faculty responded to the question, “How satisfied are you with the quality of your life (i.e., the ability to integrate a fulfilling and productive work-life with a fulfilling personal and family life)?” Click here to visit the UK Work-Life home page for more details on the survey, upcoming events and more!
Satisfaction with Quality of Life – Staff and Faculty Respondents
(percent who are satisfied or dissatisfied)
- About one-fourth (24%) of staff respondents work a second job. Of these respondents, 14% work a second job for essential living expenses and 10% work a second job for extra spending.
- Who is working a second job, by job classification? (number of staff respondents)
- Executive/administrative/managerial respondents, n=118
- Other Professional Staff respondents, n=320
- Technical and Paraprofessional staff respondents, n=251
- Clerical and Secretarial staff respondents, n=318
- Skilled Crafts staff respondents, n=49
- Service/Maintenance staff respondents, n=163