A variety of toolkits are available to help you with your diverse work-life needs.
Work Flexibility ToolKit
A variety of resources are available to assist those interested in learning more about the workplace flexibility initiative currently underway at the University of Kentucky. Click on each of the options below to view research and proposed UK policies on flexible work arrangements. If you are interested in proposing and/or using a flexible work option and would like a consultation, contact: the UK Work-Life Office at 257-8763; the UK Work-Life Director, Robynn Pease, at 257-1003; or send an e-mail inquiry.
- Flexibility Toolkit - Making the Business Case for Flexibility This 62 page toolkit contains information for managers and employees as well as sample flexibility guidelines.
- FWA Final Report from the University of Kentucky FWA Committee
- University of Kentucky FWA Guidelines
- FWA Employee Self-Test Are you ready for FWA? Review this checklist and find out.
- FWA Letter of Understanding sample
- Reduced Seasonal Hours Guidelines
To recognize UK employee caregivers, Elder Care is offering a free Caregiver's Kit. The kit includes a free publication "Resources on Caring for your Aging Relative or Friend," which is produced by AARP Kentucky and UK Elder Care. Topics include physical concerns, care options, legal and financial issues, and emotional and spiritual support, plus resources for long-distance care giving. E-mail the Elder Care office to request your copy.
Local Community Resources for Elder Care: 10 Best Kept Secrets!
As a caregiver for an aging family member or friend, it can be a challenge to find affordable community resources. To learn about local resources that can help and other helpful tips for caregivers, read the 10 Best Kept Secrets.
Is your child's homework taking over your life? The Work-Life Homework Help Toolkit may be able to help.
Grandparents raising grandchildren help: A Handbook for Kentucky Grandparents and other Relative Caregivers (MS Word file) gives answers to legal issues, benefits, health care, and more.