Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) - Overview
AD&D benefits provide a benefit to you or your beneficiary if you are seriously injured or die in an accident. You pay the full cost for any AD&D coverage you select through payroll deductions. The cost is based on the amount you select and whether you choose employee or family coverage. Single, dependent children are eligible until age 26 for AD&D.
AD&D Ultra adds more family-friendly benefits in the event of an accidental death and/or accidental dismemberment.
- Childcare benefits pay a state-licensed childcare provider in the event of death
- Educational benefits help ensure the dependents opportunity for higher education is not destroyed by the insured's loss of income
In addition to accidental dismemberment of a limb or loss of eyesight, outcomes resulting from accidents that are eligible for benefits include:
The plan offers 24/7 assistance when traveling 100+ miles from home, including unlimited emergency medical evacuation and repatriation.
Burn Benefit(for third degree burns)
- If the burn covers more than 75 percent of the person's body and that person lives: 100 percent of that person's Principal Sum would be payable.
- If the burn covers 50 -74 percent of the person's body: 50 percent of the person's Principal Sum would be payable.
Your beneficiary(ies) is the person you choose to receive your basic and optional life and AD&D insurance benefits in the event of your death. If you select family AD&D coverage or dependent life, you are the primary beneficiary for your dependents. You will need to provide Social Security numbers for all beneficiaries. You can change your beneficiary listing at any time.
Who to Contact for Life and AD&D Insurance:
Call the UK Benefits Office at (859) 257-9519, option 3 from the menu if you:
- are checking on your eligibility to participate in a life insurance plan
- want to change your beneficiary
- want to obtain a Medical Evidence of Insurability form
- want to decrease or drop your level of supplemental life or AD&D coverage
- would like a summary plan description for your plan
- have a question about converting your policy
- need help filing a claim