Retiree - UK-HMO
At a glance: offers quality care through UK HealthCare facilities and physicians, lowest monthly premium, lowest out-of-pocket costs. No deductible. No out-of-network coverage. (Coverage is provided for emergency care at a non-participating facility only if your condition is an Emergency Medical Condition as determined by the plan. To find out if a provider is a participation provider, visit our Web site at www.mc.uky.edu/ukhmo).
UK-HMO Summary of Health Plan Benefits
The UK-HMO offers excellent value for your premium dollar. There are no deductibles to meet and no copayments for routine physicals or well child care when services are provided by a network primary care physician.
UK-HMO Factors to Consider:
- Lexington Service Area network consists of UK HealthCare facilities (including Chandler Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, and Kentucky Clinics) and UK HealthCare physicians.
- Regional Health Plan includes the UK HealthCare facilities, UK HealthCare physicians and select Humana/ChoiceCare providers (use the UKHMO RSA provider link on the Humana page).
- No referrals are required for specialty care services provided within the network.
- No deductibles to meet.
- No coverage for out-of-network services unless it is a true emergency.
- Covered transplants include kidney, liver, pancreas, kidney/pancreas, heart, lung, heart/lung, bone marrow and cornea transplants.
Prior authorization is required for the following services:
Durable medical equipment (over $750), home health care and hospice services, and other services as listed in the certificate of coverage. Available urgent care options include: Urgent Treatment Centers in Lexington (Dove Run Road, Custer Drive, and Boardwalk Street), Nicholasville (Bellaire Drive) as well as the UK Children's Twilight Clinic.