Retiree - UK-PPO
At a glance: UK-PPO provides care through a broader network, including UK HealthCare facilities and physicians, Humana/ChoiceCare networks. Out-of-network coverage is available, slightly higher premium than UK-HMO. Click here for full plan details.
The Humana/ChoiceCare networks may be accessed on Humana's website at: www.humana.com.
UK-PPO and UK-PPO High Summary of Benefits
In each of the PPO options, participating providers agree to accept Humana’s determination of reasonable allowable charges as payment in full. Each PPO is similar in providing a large number of providers, including UK HealthCare facilities (such as Chandler Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, and Kentucky Clinics), UK HealthCare physicians and Humana/ChoiceCare networks.
Under either PPO: copayments, deductibles, and expenses for mental health and substance abuse do NOT accrue toward the maximum out-of-pocket limit.
UK-PPO Factors to Consider:
- Lower copayments when using UK Healthcare providers for certain procedures.
- 80% benefit after meeting your deductible (when applicable) when using an in-network provider.
- 50% benefit after meeting your deductible when using an out-of-network provider.
- Lowest PPO premium; slightly higher premium than HMO.
- Deductible does not apply to in-network preventive services.
* - You may search for UK HealthCare providers online at www.humana.com.