The University's retirement plans are an important part of your total compensation package that will help you build a more financially secure future. Please click on the links at right for information on both basic and voluntary retirement plan options.
Retirement Eligibility and Post-Retirement Benefits
For employees considering retirement, our Retirement Information document (PDF) explains retirement eligibility, income options, post-retirement benefits and more.
Who To Contact:
Call the UK Benefits office at (859) 257-9519, option 3 from the menu if:
- you are checking on your eligibility to participate in the retirement plan
- you want to know how to enroll
- you want to request a retirement enrollment packet or click here to request a packet to be sent to you.
- you want to change your distribution of funds between retirement carriers
- you want to know your voluntary limit for the calendar year
- you would like to make an appointment with a Retirement Officer
Call your retirement carrier if:
- you want to change fund allocations with a carrier
- you want to change your address
- you would like a prospectus on individual funds
- you want to transfer money from one retirement carrier to another retirement carrier
- you would like to set up one-on-one retirement counseling for investment advice
- you would like to check on your account balance
- you want to change your beneficiary on your retirement account
- you would like a pre-retirement illustration
Fidelity Investments Appointments
TIAA-CREF Customer Service
One-on-One Consultations Available at Convenient Locations on Campus
TIAA-CREF and Fidelity representatives are periodically available on campus for one-on-one consultations. For details, visit this page.
Call Kentucky Deferred Compensation at (800) 542-2667 if:
You would like to enroll in or make changes to a 457(b) Kentucky Deferred Compensation plan.
- Retirement Overview
- Basic Retirement Plan
- Voluntary Retirement Plans
- Loans and Withdrawals
- Ready to Retire
- Enrollment Forms
- Phased Retirement for Faculty and Staff
- Registered Investment Advisors
- Notice to Registered Investment Advisors
- Retiree KY State Tax Information
- Retirement Plan Booklet