myUK Instructions - Mandatory Web-Based Training (WBT)
Updated March 2013
Before accessing myUK for online courses, it is crucial to test your browser for compatibility. Click on the link below to test your browser:
TEST MY COMPUTER »
All green check marks indicate you are ready to proceed to log onto MyUK; If you see any red warnings, follow the instructions on the web page.After the red warnings have changed to green check marks, you are ready to continue. Note: Internet Explorer is a preferred browser for myUK.
The instructions below cover two important overall steps in the mandatory web-based training process:
1) How to complete courses online
2) How to review your completed courses to ensure compliance with annual requirements.
1. Open a browser window that passes the "test my computer" test above. Go to myuk.uky.edu.
Use your Link Blue account to log on. This is the same user ID and Password you use for Blackboard, and Microsoft Exchange email. If you still have difficulty logging on, contact the UK HealthCare Service Desk at (859) 323-8586.
2. Click on the "Employee Self-Service" tab, then click on "Training."
3. When the new window appears, again click on "Training".
4. The new windows will display "Mandatory Courses." These are courses that must be completed by you. Click on the course you wish to take (for instance, "HIPAA Privacy and Security Refresh" in this example).
OR Sometimes you will need to find a course that is not listed in the Mandatory Course section. On the left side of the new window, you will see "Search Term". Enter the name of the course you are looking for.
5. In the new windows, select the dropdown and choose "active" if that choice is available to you. This may not show for everyone. Then select the button "Book This Course".
6. A pop-up will appear asking "Do you want to book this course?" Select OK.
7. A new window will appear, indicating you have successfully booked this course. If you are ready to begin the course, select the button "Start Course Now".
8. When you have successfully completed a course, it is essential to click the "LOG OFF" button at the bottom of the screen. If this is not done, credit will NOT be given for the course.
- If at any point you need to stop in the middle of a course, feel free to do so. When you resume the course, it will continue where you last left off.
- If you have any questions regarding course content, please contact the author of the course. His or her name will be listed in the beginning of the course.
- If you have any question or comments other than course content, contact Mark Schneider at email@example.com.
Naturally, you'll want to review completed courses to make sure you have met mandatory course requirements. This is simple to do.
Note: As mandatory courses (as shown in steps above) are completed, the listing for each will move to a "Completed Courses" list you can review in the following way.
1. From the main "Training" page (highlighted in steps 1-4 above), click on the "Training Activities" link under the My Learner Account menu to the left, as shown below.
2. The next page will display both classes you have scheduled (in the first list) and Completed Courses immediately below. You may select the tabs at the top of the "Completed Courses" window to limit your listing to Web-Based Trainings only. Please review to ensure all mandatory courses appear in this completed category by May 31.
ESS Feature Guide
- NEW! Enter Working Time (Time Entry)
- NEW! Submit Leave Requests
- NEW! FAQ - Time Entry/Leave Requests
- NEW! Time Entry/Leave Requests for Time Administrators
- Addresses - Update Work & Home
- Bank Information
- Benefits Enrollment (New Employee)
- CRISIS Program Enrollment
- Family Members/Dependents
- Search for Employees
- Leave Balances (Working Time)
- Life Insurance
- Participation Overview (Benefits)
- Paycheck Inquiry
- Personal Data
- Retirement - Mandatory
- Retirement - Voluntary
- Tax Withholding (W4, K4)
- Total Compensation Statement
- Training Registration
- UK Alert
- UK HealthCare Mandatory
Need to report a problem or error you find in myUK Employee Manager Self-Service or Employee Self-Service?