NEW! Approve Online Time Entry and Leave Requests
Beginning with the payroll period that begins May 19, campus departments (areas not using Kronos) may begin using myUK online time entry and leave request features. These new online features replace current paper form-based processes.
Note: Departments are encouraged but not required to begin using the online time entry and leave request system starting May 19. Units may begin using the system at the beginning of any future payroll period.
REQUIRED First Step – Supervisor Review of Direct Reports in myUK
We strongly recommend all managers review their direct report listings (list of those they supervise) in myUK Manager Self-Service. Click here for instructions.Please email SAPHRSupport@uky.edu to report any inaccuracies or trouble accessing the system.
Manager Self-Service (MSS) > Features Overview
The guide menu in the right hand column highlights the features currently available in myUK Manager Self-Service. To get started/log in to myUK, follow the instructions below and click on any menu item top right to explore MSS features.
MSS Overview - Getting Started
1) Log in to the myUK portal, located at myuk.uky.edu:
2) To access the "Manager Self-Service" feature, first click on the "Manager Self-Service" menu item. NOTE: if you do not see the MSS tab and you are a manager, please contact SAPHRSupport@uky.edu.
3) Manager Self Service consists of these areas: Home, Work Overview, Team, Organization, and Performance Management.
4) You can access any area from the Overview page. You can also move to any area using the Detailed Navigation panel that appears to the left of any opened area.
1) The Home area shows an overview of your team, including reporting structure, birthdays, and competency qualification comparisons. (NOTE: if you do not see the correct list of employees that you supervise, please contact: SAPHRSupport@uky.edu).
2) Click the Open Detailed Team View link for more team information.
3) The Team View allows managers to see their team members, compare their positions, and create organizational charts. Click the Hierarchy icon to create an organizational chart.
4) Below is a sample Organizational Chart for one direct report.
MSS Work Overview
1) The Work Overview area shows workflow items (if applicable).
MSS Team Area
1) The Team area shows the team attendance overview, team calendar and date reminders. Choosing the Employee Information link provides access to employee profiles.
2) The Employee Information link displays a list of direct reports. Highlight an employee, and click the Employee Profile button.
3) Detailed employee information will be displayed.
MSS Organization Area
1) The Organization area displays organizational unit and staffing information related to your team. Highlight an organizational unit and click the Organizational Profile button.
2) Detailed organizational unit information will be displayed.
MSS Performance Management Area
1) The Performance Management area provides access to online Performance Evaluations. If you participated in the online PE Pilot Group during 2011, you can access this information here.
If you did not complete 2011 performance evaluations online, but would like to use the online tool for 2012 performance evaluations, you may request this service. For online PE access, or to report problems with Manager Self-Service, please contact SAPHRSupport@uky.edu.
Ready to login? Go to myuk.uky.edu to get started!
MSS Feature Guide
- NEW! Approve Time and Leave Requests (Campus)
- NEW! Time Entry/Leave FAQ for Managers
- NEW! Time Entry/Leave Requests for Time Administrators
- MSS Guide: Home
- MSS Overview
- MSS Review Team
- MSS Individual Training Compliance Check
- MSS Team Training Compliance Report*
- MSS Staff Birthday Listing
- Other MSS Resources
- MSS Performance Evaluations**
**Pilot testing areas only
Need to report a problem or error you find in myUK Employee Manager Self-Service or Employee Self-Service?