Benefits and Payment > Mandatory Retirement
The mandatory retirement plan* feature of myUK Employee Self-Service(ESS) allows to allocate your mandatory 5% employee contribution to your UK 403(b) account among one or both UK retirement carriers (TIAA-CREF and Fidelity Investments).
* Employees age 30 and over are required to participate in the University's retirement savings program, with a 5% employee contribution automatically matched by a 2-for-1 (10%) employer contribution by UK. For more information on the retirement savings benefit, visit this page.
Helpful hint: You may allocate all of your 5% employee contribution to TIAA-CREF or Fidelity - or split your contribution between the two. The University's 2-for-1 matching contribution will also be allocated proportionally based on your choice of carriers. If you split your contribution between the carriers, please indicate your allocation in full percentage point increments, up to 5 percent total (between the two carriers).
1) Click on the "Benefits and Payment" menu item.
2) Click on the "Benefits" link.
3) Click on "Mandatory Retirement" on the "Benefits and Payment" main menu.
4) Click on the "Enroll" radio button and the "Add Plan" button if enrolling in a plan for the first time OR "Edit Plan" or "Remove Plan" to update your current plan(s).
5) The following page will require you to enter your preferred allocation to the retirement carrier(s) you choose (5 percentage points allocated to one or split between the two carriers, in full percentage point increments). Specify the percentage allocation for this carrier, then click on the "Add to Plan" button. NOTES: STEPS 5 and 6 BELOW ARE REQUIRED TO SAVE YOUR CHANGES.
6) IMPORTANT: To save your changes, click on the "Review Enrollment" button that appears on the following page then continue to step 6.
7) Click on the "Save" button to complete your update.
Enrolling in a plan for the first time?
Visit Fidelity and TIAA-CREF online to select funds and enroll beneficiaries.
Helpful hint: Click on the plan carrier enrollment link from the TIAA-CREF or Fidelity "Edit Plan/Review Enrollment" screen. This will allow you to complete your enrollment on the plan carrier's web site(s), which will include selecting investments and designating retirement plan beneficiaries.
ESS Feature Guide
- NEW! Enter Working Time (Time Entry)
- NEW! Submit Leave Requests
- NEW! FAQ - Time Entry/Leave Requests
- NEW! Time Entry/Leave Requests for Time Administrators
- Addresses - Update Work & Home
- Bank Information
- Benefits Enrollment (New Employee)
- CRISIS Program Enrollment
- Family Members/Dependents
- Search for Employees
- Leave Balances (Working Time)
- Life Insurance
- Participation Overview (Benefits)
- Paycheck Inquiry
- Personal Data
- Retirement - Mandatory
- Retirement - Voluntary
- Tax Withholding (W4, K4)
- Total Compensation Statement
- Training Registration
- UK Alert
- UK HealthCare Mandatory
Need to report a problem or error you find in myUK Employee Manager Self-Service or Employee Self-Service?