3. Attend a screening interview
• Once you have applied for HR Student Employment positions online and met the minimum requirements, you will be instructed to come to 112 Scovell Hall for a brief, casual screening interview.
Interviews are conducted on a first-come, first-served basis Monday through Friday between the hours of 12:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Note: If you are unable to come in during these hours, call 257-8894 to set up a time that better suits your schedule.
You will need to bring one of the following to the front desk:
1. Your University of Kentucky student ID
2. An original letter of acceptance to the University of Kentucky
3. A printout of your class schedule (only applicable during Fall and Spring semesters)
You need not bring your Student Application, a list of the jobs to which you applied, or your resume to the screening interview.
• When you meet with your Student Placement Team Member, the two of you will discuss the jobs to which you’ve applied to determine whether your experience, skills, and schedules meet the requirements of each particular job.
The screening interview is very casual and can last approximately five to twenty minutes, depending on the number of jobs to which you have applied.
Although your Student Placement Assistant will pay attention to your demeanor and attitude, you need not dress as you would for a formal job interview; typical student attire is fine.
• If you and your Student Placement Assistant determine that a job is a good match for you, you will receive a Job Report with information about the job and how to contact the employer.
When you identify yourself as a Student Employment Referral, the employer will be confident that you meet the qualifications they are seeking in an employee.