Conference Housing Administrative Office
Hours of Operation: Monday—Friday 8:00 a.m.—5:00 p.m.
Phone: (859) 218-3383
Fax: (859) 323-1053
Summer Conference Season
May 13 - August 2, 2013
About Summer Conferences
The University of Kentucky offers Summer Conference Housing for dozens of student academic & athletic camps, and adult professional development conferences. Most groups are sponsored and hosted by University affiliated departments and organizations. The diverse groups are from the state, national and international communities.
Financial arrangements for Summer Conferences are cost-efficient and easy to administer. Room costs are based on a single or double occupancy rate per person, per night. We direct bill and will process UK journal vouchers.
Twelve south campus, one central campus, and three north campus residence halls are used to house summer guests. All guest rooms are air-conditioned and furnished with two each: single beds, desks, chairs, and chests.
Summer Conference Housing gives you the convenience of living on campus, close to your program site! Campus life provides all the necessities and all the added extras that make camps and conferences fun and successful!
We invite you to contact us at (859) 218-3383 or email at email@example.com about planning your summer event at the University of Kentucky. An experienced and trained staff will help assure that your event runs smoothly.
Upon arrival, all guests should proceed to the check-in area designated by the group leader/sponsor to complete registration card and pick up any necessary information. Guest will then move to their assigned residence hall to pick up keys and move in.
Guest check-in time typically begins at 3:00 PM on date of arrival and check-out time is 11:00 AM on date of departure. Arrangements for early check-in or later check-out may be made in advance through our office; however, this is subject to space availability.
Groups and guests who checkout late and have not obtained prior approval will be assessed charges for an additional night, per person, at the contracted rate.
- Classrooms/Meeting Space — Classroom and Meeting Space in The Commons can be obtained by submitting a request to ContactUKDining@lsv.edu or call (859) 257-6161.
- Dining Services — The Commons Market is the focal point for summer conference dining. Although not required, meal plans can be arranged through ContactUKDining@lsv.uky.edu or call (859) 257-6161. Dining Services offers a number of other eating facilities located throughout the campus.
- Assignments—Group leaders/sponsors are responsible for making the room and roommate assignments for the participants. You will be given a packet of information and instructions to guide you. These should be submitted no less than two weeks prior to your arrival.
- Audio-Visual—Conference Housing has a limited number of audio-visual equipment and display supplies that can be rented for a small fee. For information on renting other equipment, visit the Teaching & Academic Support Center website at http://www.uky.edu/ukit/avservices
- Cancellations—In the event that it becomes necessary to cancel the event, please notify the Conference Housing Office at least 2 weeks in advance of the event.
- Housing Contracts—Once a reservation is made for your group, complete, sign, and submit your Housing Contract to our office one (1) month prior to your groupís arrival. Housing Contracts can be found under "Forms" on home page.
- Reservations—We urge you to make reservations well in advance of your group event. Many of our facilities are booked over one year in advance. You can make a group reservation online here.
- Roommates—Groups are usually housed on the same floor or within the same residence hall. It is the responsibility of the group leader to assign roommates.
- Security—Each occupied residence hall has a Summer Conference Housing employee at the front desk while the hall is occupied. Each group is issued building access cards which only allow them to access the building which they are staying in. Each hall is equipped with security cameras throughout which are monitored 24/7.