Univeristy of KentuckySee Blue

UK Campus Housing


Current Announcements

We Now Have the SEC Network!!!

The SEC Network is now available in all campus housing buildings. In ResNet supported buildings, it can be found on channel 516 with overflow on channel 518. For all other halls, please see your hall support staff for channel information.

ResNet has Moved!

If you need to stop by our office, we have moved to Commons 303 at the Kirwan-Blanding Complex.

New Contact Number for Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable has a new telephone number for students to use when reporting cable TV issues. Residents may now call 855-330-3126 for assistance with their cable television, to upgrade their cable television service or to request additional DTA devices. This number will bypass the voice prompt menu and route students directly to a local call center.

New Wireless in Kirwan-Blanding Complex as of August 2013

The wireless in the Kirwan-Blanding complex has been updated and has a different network name and a slightly different registration process. The network name for the wireless in this area is UKY_TWC_WiFi. Upon connecting and trying to access a web page, residents will be asked to accept Time Warner terms and conditions of use. After accepting, they should be able to access the Internet. To register devices that cannot use the automatic page (i.e. game consoles, Internet capable televisions, Tivo type devices, etc.), go to www.addmydevice.com from your computer. You will need the MAC address of the device you want to register. For some basic information about how to find MAC addresses, refer to the instructions for locating MAC addresses. For help with the wireless in the Kirwan-Blanding Complex, users should call 855-836-8718. The cable modems will remain in the rooms to provide a wired connection, students connecting through the modem who need assistance should call ResNet at 859-323-4948 (press 2). Please note that personal wireless routers are not allowed on the network and may be shut down.

UKYResNet Wireless Access

In halls and apartments that exclusively use cable modems (UKYResNet wireless), it is recommended that you plug directly into the cable modem with an Ethernet cable (Cat 5 or Cat 6 patch cable) if you experience problems connecting via the wireless in your residence hall room or apartment. A limited number of Ethernet cables are available to borrow from the ResNet office, or they may be purchased from the ResNet office or University Bookstore. If you continue to experience problems while connected directly with a cable, please contact the ResNet office for support at 859-323-4948 (press 2) or fill out an online appointment request at http://www.uky.edu/Housing/resnet/appointment.html.

Personal Computing Responsibilities

All users connected to the ResNet network should review the Personal Computing Responsibilities article and the Keeping Your Personal Computer Secure article.

It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer is secure and that you follow all policies and guidelines established by UK Information Technology.