Univeristy of KentuckySee Blue

UK Campus Housing


Getting Connected in Locations that Use Ethernet Ports

This page is intended to help residents of buildings that use Ethernet ports in each room get connected. These include:

  • Alpha Tau Omega House
  • Delta Sigma Phi House
  • Max Kade German House (Device registration is not required)
  • Sigma Chi House

If your building was not listed, please check our supported buildings list.

Wired Connections

Wired connections require an Ethernet cable (also called CAT5 or CAT6 cable). These cables can be purchased wherever electronics are sold. ResNet also has limited quantities available to borrow, during your stay, at our office located at 303 Commons. If you already have an Ethernet cable, follow these steps to get connected:

  1. Connect an Ethernet cable from your computer or Ethernet-ready device to the Ethernet port nearest you.
  2. If this is your first time using an Ethernet cable in your room, you will need to register your computer or device before you can connect to ResNet. Please see our instructions for registering for more information.
  3. If you are unable to load the registration page or websites after successfully registering, please consult our troubleshooting instructions for more information.

Wireless Connections

At this time, wireless availability differs between the locations listed above. For information on Wi-Fi access at your location, please call us at 859-323-4948 (Press 2).

Cable TV

Each room has a cable mini-box that allows you to receive cable TV programming. To set up your television to work with the cable mini-box, please see Time Warner Cable's Setup Guide (requires a PDF reader to view).

If you have any issues with the cable mini-box or remote or would like to purchase additional content or services, call their toll-free number for UK support at 855-330-3126.