Getting Connected at the Kirwan-Blanding Complex
This page is intended to help residents of the Kirwan-Blanding Complex get online. Specifically, for the following residence halls:
- Blanding I
- Blanding II
- Blanding III
- Blanding IV
- Blanding Tower
- Kirwan I
- Kirwan II
- Kirwan III
- Kirwan IV
- Kirwan Tower
If your building was not listed, please check our supported buildings list.
Wired connections to the cable modem require an Ethernet cable (also called CAT5 or CAT6 cable). These cables can be purchased wherever electronics are sold. ResNet also has limited quantities available to borrow, during your stay, at our office located at 303 Commons. If you already have an Ethernet cable, follow these steps to get connected:
- Connect an Ethernet cable from your computer or Ethernet-ready device to one of the four available Ethernet ports located on the back of the modem.
- If this is your first time using an Ethernet cable with the cable modem, you will need to register it before you can connect to ResNet. Please see our instructions for registering for more information.
- If you are unable to load the registration page or websites after successfully registering, please consult our troubleshooting instructions for more information.
Wireless connectivity is provided by Time Warner Cable. To connect, follow these steps:
- Connect your computer or device to the UKY_TWC_WiFi wireless network.
- Open your web browser and connect to a website. You will be presented with Time Warner Cable's terms and conditions. Upon clicking accept, you will be online.
UKY_TWC_WiFi Device Registration
If you want to register a device manually (Xbox, Tivo, Roku, etc.), from your computer connected to the UKY_TWC_WiFi network, go to http://www.addmydevice.com and fill out the form. You will only need to do this one per year. You will need the MAC address of the device you want to register. Please refer to our instructions for locating MAC addresses for popular gaming consoles and devices.
If you experience any connectivity problems while using UKY_TWC_WiFi, please contact Time Warner Cable's support line at 855-836-8718. Please note: This line is for help with UKY_TWC_WiFi only, for cable TV support, see below.
Each room has a cable mini-box that allows you to receive cable TV programming. To set up your television to work with the cable mini-box, please see Time Warner Cable's Setup Guide (requires a PDF reader to view).
If you have any issues with the cable mini-box or remote or would like to purchase additional content or services, call their toll-free number for UK support at 855-330-3126.