Rebooting Your Cable Modem: Arris Modems
- Shut down and turn off any computers connected to the cable modem.
- Go to the back of the cable modem and unplug the Cat 5 cables from the back.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the cable modem. After about 30 seconds, plug the power cord back into its proper socket.
- After you have plugged the power cord back in let your modem reboot, this could take from 2 minutes up to about 5 minutes. You will know your modem is finished rebooting when the following lights stop flashing and go solid: Power, DS, US,Online.
- Plug back in the Cat 5 cables and restart all computers connected to the modem. Check for an Internet connection.
Figure 1: Unplugging Cat 5 cables
Figure 2: Unplugging Power Cord
Figure 3: Proper Light Configuration