Available Employment Opportunities in Residence Life
Graduate Hall Director
Priority Application Deadline:
For 2014-15 positions: March 1, 2014
How to Apply:
To apply for a Graduate Hall Director position, submit a UK Online Application at http://www.uky.edu/HR/UK jobs/. Search for the job title "Graduate Hall Director" and follow the instructions for applying. Please attach a letter of application and a resume.
For more information, contact Steve Stauffer, Associate Director at (859) 257-4783, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon offer of employment, successful applicants must undergo a national background check as required by UK Human Resources
Candidates for the Hall Director position must meet the following qualifications to be eligible to be hired:
- Completed a bachelor's degree and be a full-time graduate student at the University of Kentucky.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA while a graduate student.
- Have at least one year of previous residence hall work experience (recommended) although other types of work experience can be substituted.
The Hall Director is primarily responsible for management of one undergraduate housing facility, including the following areas:
- Supervise a staff of six Resident Advisors.
- Oversee the administrative functions of the hall, with assistance provided by a full-time Office Assistant.
- Take the lead in creating a living-learning environment that is supportive of an inclusive community at UK.
- Help coordinate a variety of opportunities for academic and personal growth of residence hall students.
Salary & Benefits:
The Hall Director position is considered a full-time Graduate Assistantship, with employment dates from approximately July 25, 2013 to May 15, 2014. As full-time GAs, graduate Hall Directors are provided a full tuition scholarship and health insurance through the Graduate School. In addition, HDs receive the following compensation:
- an annual stipend of $5250 paid bi-weekly.
- a meal plan and plus account worth $650 per semester.
- a furnished, one-bedroom apartment located in the assigned residence hall with all utilities (with cable TV & Internet) included.