About the Global Scholars Community
The Global Scholars Living Learning Community is a unique residential experience for students who have been accepted into UK's Global Scholars program. The Global Scholars Living Learning Community enhances the academic experience of Global Scholars students by immersing them into a residential facility that houses both American and International students. As Global Scholar students' prepare to become part of the next generation of global business leaders, the residential environment provides an opportunity for students to gain a global perspective through the experiences of daily life and specialized programs.
The Global Scholars Living Learning community is looking for first and second year Global Scholars students who are highly motivated and interested in sharing their culture with others, while learning about new cultures from others. Only students who are accepted into UK's Gatton College of Business Global Scholars program will be considered for the Global Scholars Living Learning Community. For questions about the Global Scholars academic program please contact Brendan O'Farrell International Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859) 257-4627.
Only students who are accepted into UK's Gatton College of Business Global Scholars program will be considered for the Global Scholars Living Learning Community.
Through engagement with the Global Village and Global Scholars Living Learning Communities, a student will develop the following:
- Students participating in the Global Scholars Living Learning Community will support and develop the following:
- A greater appreciation and understanding of difference and diversity.
- Enhanced levels of "Global Citizenship" as demonstrated through active participation and engagement in the LLC and larger, surrounding communities.
- Campus internationalization via understanding and support of international groups, programs, and opportunities offered on campus.
All students who participate in the Global Scholars living learning community will reside in Smith Hall located in the south campus neighborhood.
Students who are admitted into the Global Scholars programs and Living Learning Community can expect to take the following courses:
UK 101, BE 120, BE 122, ECO 201 201, ACC 201 202, ISP 599 and Education Abroad, MGT 499
Beyond the residential experience students who enroll in the Global Scholars LLC can expect to participate in programs in and outside of the residence hall such as:
- Cohort/certificate classes
- The Gatton professionalism series
- Coffee Talks with business professionals/alumni networking
- Corporate site visits/professional networking
- Required Community Service Hours
For additional information on the Global Scholars Program please go to http://gatton.uky.edu/Undergraduates/Content.asp?PageName=UGlobalScholars