About the iNET Entrepreneurial Studies Community
The Innovation Network for Entrepreneurial Thinking, better known as iNET, is the University of Kentucky’s new academic program designed to help students develop skills to succeed on campus and in an entrepreneurial world.
The iNET LLP is a great way for students with innovative ideas to connect with other innovative students and have opportunities to collaborate while engaging in exciting entrepreneurial activities and programs. Students will take dedicated on-site courses, and engage with the iNET Director, Entrepreneur in Residence, and Academic Director, the student entrepreneur organization, and entrepreneurial faculty and mentors both on and off campus. In addition to special iNET programming provided in Champions Court I, iNET LLP students will also be involved in all campus iNET programs and activities including competitions, workshops and events.
The iNET LLP is open to a select group of students who want to become leaders and innovators, learn to think like entrepreneurs, build professional networks, and gain real world experience. The community consists of students from all backgrounds, interests and majors.
Learning OutcomesiNET LLC students will:
- Connect with other creative and innovative students and participate as a community in entrepreneurial activities and programs.
- Discover how to apply entrepreneurial thinking to succeed on campus and in an entrepreneurial world.
- Acquire leadership skills such as critical thinking, team building, information management, and innovative problem solving.
- Gain real world experience and entrepreneurial skills and learn steps to take to create a startup company.
- Engage with entrepreneurial mentors and inspiring entrepreneurs.
- Learn about different types of entrepreneurs and how entrepreneurship creates economic and social value.
- Build strategic networks on campus and in the local entrepreneurial community.
The iNET LLP students will reside in Champions Court I located in the north campus neighborhood.
All freshmen that participate in the iNET Entrepreneurial Studies LLP will be required to enroll fall semester in a connected UK 101 course taught on-site by the iNET Entrepreneur in Residence. Spring semester, the iNET Academic Director will teach COM 381 Communication, Leadership and Entrepreneurial Thinking on-site. This course is required for the Undergraduate Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurial Thinking.
The iNET LLP students are provided with special on-site programming in Champions Court I. Students are given the opportunity to discover their own entrepreneurial talents and interests as they learn team building, leadership, critical thinking, and innovative problem solving skills.
Students will engage in team building exercises and activities to gain core entrepreneurial skills by developing their ideas into startups.
Programs and mentoring will be provided by the iNET Director, Entrepreneur in Residence, Academic Director, and the on-campus and local entrepreneurial community.
Guest speakers will include inspiring UK and local entrepreneurs.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in workshops for UK student entrepreneurs, the student entrepreneur organization meetings, and the UK Venture Challenge competition.
For additional information, please see iNET.uky.edu or contact: iNET Director Deb Weis, email@example.com, 859-257-8296, 256 ASTeCC Building. iNET is hosted by the College of Communication and Information.