About the iNET Community
The iNET Living Learning Community is looking for first year students from all majors who are interested in entrepreneurship and the creation of economic and social value, developing entrepreneurial thinking, and learning about what it takes to be an entrepreneur.
Learning OutcomesThrough participation in the iNET LLP, a student will:
- Meet other students with similar entrepreneurial interests.
- Learn about the rewards of entrepreneurial thinking and how to apply entrepreneurial thinking to a chosen major.
- Identify the key drivers associated with innovation and entrepreneurial thinking as well as the process of how to effectively transform organizational culture.
- Distinguish between innovative, management and social entrepreneurship using a multidisciplinary perspective and articulate how each type of entrepreneurship can create economic and social value.
- Acquire transformational leadership skills resulting in observable management, marketing, and communication competencies such as team building, critical thinking, information management, and innovative problem solving.
- Engage in a practical application of entrepreneurial thinking in a functional context.
- Learn what it takes to be an entrepreneur and steps to take to create a startup company.
- Connect with strategic partners in the campus and local entrepreneurial community.
All students who participate in the iNET Living Learning Community will reside in Patterson Hall located in the north campus neighborhood.
Connected CoursesThough there are no formally connected courses, students in the iNET Living Learning Community will have the opportunity to connect with the iNET Academic Director and the Undergraduate Certificate in Entrepreneurial Studies (currently pending University approval).
In addition to programs especially for the iNET Living Learning Community, students may participate in other iNET programs and events such as the student entrepreneur program with monthly workshops and mentored team activity, the UK Venture Challenge business competition, and opportunities to work with the summer high school I-Academy. Students will also have an opportunity to connect with the iNET Entrepreneur in Residence and the Big Blue Starters student entrepreneur group.
For additional information on iNET, please see iNET.uky.edu or contact: Deb Weis, email@example.com, 859-257-8296, 256 ASTeCC Building. iNET is hosted by the College of Communication and Information.