KGS Home | Personnel
Title: Geologist, Geologic Hazards Section
Kentucky Geological Survey
University of Kentucky
228 Mining and Mineral Resources Bldg.
Lexington, Kentucky 40506-0107
Joined KGS in January 2001.
- 1996, B.A., Geology, Hanover College, Hanover, Indiana
- 2001, M.S., Geology, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, Kentucky
- Conduct landslide hazards research, maintain landslide inventory database
- Project development related to engineering geology and landslides
- Assist section with seismic hazards research
- Conduct various geology and GIS research projects
- Committee Member, Appalachian Coalition for Geological Hazards in Transportation
- Geological Society of America, Environmental and Engineering Geology Division Member
- Crawford, M.M., 2012, Understanding landslides in Kentucky: Tools and methods to further landslide hazard research, Landslides and Engineered Slopes: Protecting Society through Improved Understanding, Eberhardt et al. (eds), Proceedings of the 11th International and 2nd North American Symposium on Landslides and Engineered Slopes, vol. 1, p. 467-472
- Crawford, M.M., 2012, Using LiDAR to map landslides in Kenton and Campbell Counties, Kentucky, Kentucky Geological Survey, RI_24_12, 12 p.
- Crawford, M.M., and Hunsberger, H., 2011, Geology of Cumberland Gap National Historical Park, Kentucky Geological Survey, MCS_199_12
- Fei, S., Crawford, M., and Schibig, J., 2010, Assisting natural resource management in Mammoth Cave National Park using geospatial technology, in Hoalst-Pullen, N., and Patterson, M.W., eds., Geospatial technologies in environmental management: New York, Springer, p. 49-61.
- Crawford, M.M., 2010, The status of the Kentucky Geological Survey's landslide inventory [abs.]: Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, v. 42, No. 5, p. 493.
- Crawford, Matthew M., and Andrews, William, M., 2008, The Kentucky Geological Survey's landslide initiative [abs.]: Geological Society of America Abstracts with Programs, v. 40, No. 6, p. 174
- Crawford, M.M., Olson, R.A., Toomey, R.S., III, and Scoggins, L.J., 2008, Geology of Mammoth Cave National Park, Kentucky,Kentucky Geological Survey, MCS_186_12.
- Andrews, W.M., Jr., Crawford, M.M., and Hickman, J.B., 2002, The impact of geology on the culture and history of central Kentucky, in Ettensohn, F.R., and Smath, M.L., eds., Guidebook for geology field trips in Kentucky and adjacent areas (2002 joint meeting of the North-Central Section and Southeastern Section of the Geological Society of America, Lexington, Ky.): Lexington, University of Kentucky, p. 108-128.