KGS Home | Personnel
James A. Drahovzal
Title: Retired Head, Energy and Minerals Section
Kentucky Geological Survey
344 Mining and Mineral Resources Bldg.
University of Kentucky
Lexington, Kentucky 40506-0107
Joined KGS in February 1989
- 1961, B.S., Geology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Ia.
- 1963, M.S., Geology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Ia.
- 1966, Ph.D., Geology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Ia.
Management and supervision of the programs in oil, natural gas, coal and minerals, including the development, acquisition, and management of extramurally funded research and the oversight of energy and mineral public service; basic and applied research in petroleum geology, carbon dioxide sequestration, extensional rift basins, and deep structure and stratigraphy of the Commonwealth.
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- The Geological Society of America
- Kentucky Society of Professional Geologists
- Drahovzal, J.A., 1997, Proterozoic sequences and their implications for Precambrian and Cambrian geologic evolution of western Kentucky: Evidence from seismic-reflection data: Seismological Research Letters, v. 68, no. 4, p. 553-566.
- Groat, C.G., Cheng, A.C.H., Drahovzal, J.A., Hirasaki, G.J, Hurley, N.F., Martinsen, R.S., Matthews, C.S., Saller, A.H., Weimer, R.J., and West, W.F., 1996, Maintaining oil production from marginal fields: A review of the Department of Energy's Reservoir Class Program: National Research Council, 82p.
- Drahovzal, J.A., and Noger, M.C., 1995, Preliminary map of the structure of the Precambrian surface in eastern Kentucky: Kentucky Geological Survey, Map and Chart 8, 9 p.
- Drahovzal, J.A., Harris, D.C., Wickstrom, L.H., Walker, D., Baranowski, M.T., Keith, B.D., and Furer L.C., 1992, The East Continent Rift Basin: A new discovery: Kentucky Geological Survey, ser. 11, Special Publication 18, 25 p.