KGS Home | Personnel
Max Hammond III
Title: Geologist I, Geologic Mapping Section
Kentucky Geological Survey
504 Rose Street
228 Mining and Mineral Resources Bldg.
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506-0107
Joined KGS in 2011
- 2011 B.S. Geology, Morehead State University, Morehead, KY
- 2011 B.A. Geography, Morehead State University, Morehead, KY
- 2011 Geologic Field Camp, Massey University, New Zealand
- 2010 GIS Certificate, Morehead State University, Morehead, KY
- Surficial geologic mapping program
- Perform field work to collect and interpret geologic data in mapping areas
- Compile geologic data & maps in digital database
Head Coach of West Carter High School and middle school boys soccer program
- O’Keefe, J.M.K., Henke, K.R., Hower, J.C., Engle, M.A., Stracher, G.B., Stucker, J.D., Drew, J.W., Staggs, W.D., Murray, T.M., Hammond III, M.L., Adkins, K.D., Mullins, B.J., Lemley, E.W., 2010. CO2, CO, and Hg emissions from the Truman Shepherd and Ruth Mullins coal fires, eastern Kentucky, USA. Science of the Total Environment 408, 1628-1633. doi:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2009.12.005
- O’Keefe, J.M.K., Neace, E.R., Hammond III, M.L., Engle, M.A., Hower, J.C., Stracher, G.B. 2010. Gas emissions, tars, and secondary minerals at the Ruth Mullins coal mine fire. 2010 Geological Society of America National Meeting Program with Abstracts.
- O’Keefe, J.M.K., Hammond III, M.L., Neace, E.R., 2010. Ruth Mullins and Tiptop coal mine fires revisited. Inaugural Meeting of the Ohio Valley Coal Petrographers, Abstracts 2010.